DuPont Corian® from the "Terra" Collection is certified by Scientific Certification Systems for its recycled content.
This collection of colours contains a minimum of between 6% and 20% pre-consumer recycled content.
Earn LEED® points in several categories with Corian®
Corian® may contribute to LEED® credits in the following categories:
Materials and Resources ("MR") Category
- +MR credit 1.3+: Building Reuse (1 Point) - Maintain 50% of Interior Non-structural Elements. Corian® used for wall cladding can remain on walls when buildings find a new use because of its durability.
- +MR credit 3.1 and 3.2+ (1 Point and 1 Point in addition to MR Credit 3.1): Materials reuse of 5% and 10%. Corian® is easy to repair and refinish so can be re-used or re-installed on new projects.
- +MR credit 4.1+: Recycled Content of 10% (1 Point). The Corian® Terra collection has at least 6% pre-consumer recycled content and can help contribute to the overall recycled content of a project.
- +MR credit 4.2+: Recycled Content of 20% (1 Point). The Corian® Terra collection has at least 6% pre-consumer recycled content and can help contribute to the overall recycled content of a project.
*Indoor Environmental Quality ("EQ") Category*
- +EQ credit 4.1+: Low Emitting Materials: Adhesives and Sealants (1 Point) - The joint adhesive and silicone sealant used in fabricating Corian® are low-emitting materials.
Terra collection colours
The following sheet colours are available from the Terra Collection:
SCS Certified to a minimum of 13% recycled content
SCS Certified to a minimum of 20% recycled content
SCS Certified to a minimum of 6% recycled content
The majority of these colours are available for immediate delivery from stock.